Self assessment tax returns and personal
Completing an HMRC self assessment tax return can be daunting and time consuming as the tax rules are ever-changing and increasingly complex. Our team of personal tax specialists will take away the stress and hassle of your completing a return by doing the tricky work for you. At the same time, we look for ways to reduce your final income tax bill with some practical personal tax planning advice.
Annual personal tax service
Tailored to the specific needs of each client, our personal tax service includes:
- Working with you to gather the information required for your self assessment tax return;
- Preparing and completing your HMRC self assessment tax return;
- Calculating your tax liability for the year and your payments on account;
- Submitting your tax return online with HMRC;
- Reconciling your statements of account as issued by HMRC;
- Giving practical advice on tax repayments;
- Contacting HMRC to agree your tax position, discussing relevant issues on your behalf;
- Checking and agreeing PAYE coding notices.
Clients come to RJP for support with their personal tax affairs and self assessments because we place a high value on knowing you as an individual and understanding your financial affairs. In order to identify tax planning opportunities and develop tax saving strategies, it is imperative that we understand your circumstances and the 'bigger picture' taking into account your financial position and that of your immediate family (spouse or civil partner for instance) so that no income tax saving opportunity is missed.
We pride ourselves on taking a proactive approach to tax planning and place great emphasis on developing strategies to reduce your tax bill through ongoing tax planning.
RJP’s tax team can also assist you in the following areas:
- Capital gains tax planning;
- Income tax advice;
- Tax advice during the purchase of investment property including overseas property;
- Inheritance tax planning;
- Probate services;
- Financial planning advice, for example, preserving wealth; retirement planning;
- Emigration strategies;
- Family business tax issues - ranging from governance through to re-organisation; share option schemes; succession tax planning advice;
- Effective remuneration tax planning for company directors;
- Tax efficient investments – Enterprise Investment Schemes, Venture Capital Trusts;
- Estate planning and trusts;
- Share incentive and bonus schemes – Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme (EMI);
- Ex-gratia payments.
To find out more about RJP’s personal tax services or our annual self assessment tax return service, contact Lesley Stalker - [email protected]
We provide a free initial consultation on a no obligation basis.